New development repository location.

Tobias C. Berner tcberner at freebsd.org
Wed May 31 08:10:21 UTC 2017

Hi there

The development repository that the KDE-FreeBSD team uses to work on the KDE
ports for FreeBSD is moving to github. For a long time we have been using
'area51', an SVN repository kindly hosted by PC-BSD and iX Systems. At this
point in time, we believe that moving to github will make the ports a bit
more accessible for users and align our ports-development effort better with
the the way upstream (that is, with official FreeBSD ports) works. We
would like to express our thanks to PC-BSD for hosting us all this time,
in particular Josh Paetzel for administering the repository. In the coming
days we will be updating documentation to reflect the new source of
KDE-FreeBSD ports.

The repository can now be found at
    https://github.com/freebsd/freebsd-ports-kde
where the plasma5 branch is a ports tree with all the updates from the
old svn repository.

The main difference between the old svn repository and the new one is, that
like gnome@ and xorg@, we now have a complete portstree. So the kdemerge script
previously used is obsolete -- however, this also mean, that we will lag behind
ports-master, which we will try to sync with every weekend.

mfg Adriaan, Raphael, Tobias