How to startx KDE Plasma 5.9.2

Geordie geordi at kos.net
Fri Mar 3 23:12:45 UTC 2017

On Fri, 03 Mar 2017 14:13:40 +0100
Adriaan de Groot <groot at kde.org> wrote:

> On Friday 03 March 2017 07:42:59 Geordie wrote:
> > Hi
> > and thanks for replying
> > However I do not not have the file /usr/local/bin/startkde. I have
> > got kfed5,kdeinit5,kf5-config, kfcross in /usr/local/bin/
> >
> > This is fresh install using portmaster -P x11/kf5-frameworks on
> > Freebsd11
>
> O, yeah. kf5-frameworks is just that: the frameworks. Libraries that
> underpin KDE Applications and the KDE Plasma 5 Desktop, but none of
> that is, like, an actual desktop environment. You may want
> x11/plasma5-plasma-desktop for that, or the full-on x11/kde5 metaport
> for a full "KDE desktop experience".
>
> (But those aren't in official ports -- that's all in the plasma5
> branch of area51)
>
> [ade]
Thanks
I just assumed that all the area51 libraries had been move over to
ports. That was my interpretation of the announcement February 18th,
2017: Qt 5.7.1, KDE Frameworks 5.31 landed. I see that plasma was not
mentioned in this. The devil is always in the details  Well at least I
now where the rest of the files are now

Thanks again
Geordie