configure failure on trying to make configure

Dr Lyman Hazelton lrh at alum.mit.edu
Wed Jun 7 20:27:10 UTC 2017

I'm trying to install texmaker.  Just doing "pkg install texmaker" seems to
work, but does not run.  It appears that I need to have a bunch of runtime and
library dependencies that are not in my current FreeBSD 10.3.  So, I am
attempting to make those dependencies.

No matter what I try to make from the ports distribution, all the makes fail
when they try to "make configure" in the build process.

I am attaching the xterm output, as there appears to be no config.log file

Any suggestions would terrific.

       -Lyman