kwin_x11 crashes immediately after starting kde session

Holger Wagemann holger.wagemann at posteo.de
Mon Jun 5 10:59:33 UTC 2017

Hello, dear developers,

yesterday I've build a repo with a lot of current plasma5 / kf5 stuff.
I've fetched sources via poudriere-devel from your github sources.

The build ended without any error.

This morning I've created a new zfs dataset for a fresh FreeBSD 11
RELEASE amd64 installation, and after a freebsd-update to bring system
up-tp-date and adding user accounts and so on I've installed xorg and
plasma5 / kf5 stuff.

When starting a KDE session - and wow, it starts very fast - I see
backgoundpicture and panel.

But a few secconds later kwin crashes, restarts, crashes, restarts and
so on, and then I get the offer to change to openbox because of this
crashs.

With openbox plasma5 desktop is fine without issues, but I want to use
"KDE" with "KDE" windowmanager :-)

The version of installed kf5-kwindowsystem is 5.34.0.
The version of installed plasma5-kwin is 5.10.0

When restarting kwin_x11 from konsole, I get following output:

------------- schnipp ------------

kwin_x11 --replace &
[1] 3308
[holger at biber /usr/home/holger]$ QStandardPaths: XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not
set, defaulting to
'/tmp/runtime-holger' [holger at biber /usr/home/holger]$ kwin_xkbcommon:
XKB: Couldn't find file "rules/no" in include paths

kwin_xkbcommon: XKB: 1 include paths searched:

kwin_xkbcommon: XKB:    /usr/local/share/X11/xkb

kwin_xkbcommon: XKB: 1 include paths could not be added:

kwin_xkbcommon: XKB:    /home/holger/.xkb

kwin_xkbcommon: XKB: Couldn't look up rules 'no', model 'no', layout
'no', variant 'no', options 'no'

[holger at biber /usr/home/holger]$ kf5.kcoreaddons.desktopparser: Could
not locate service type file kservicetypes5/kwin-script.desktop, tried
("/home/holger/.local/share", "/usr/share", "/usr/local/share",
"/usr/local/share/gnome") kf5.kcoreaddons.desktopparser: Could not
locate service type file kservicetypes5/kwin-script.desktop, tried
("/home/holger/.local/share", "/usr/share", "/usr/local/share",
"/usr/local/share/gnome") kf5.kcoreaddons.desktopparser: Could not
locate service type file kservicetypes5/kwin-script.desktop, tried
("/home/holger/.local/share", "/usr/share", "/usr/local/share",
"/usr/local/share/gnome") kf5.kcoreaddons.desktopparser: Could not
locate service type file kservicetypes5/kwin-script.desktop, tried
("/home/holger/.local/share", "/usr/share", "/usr/local/share",
"/usr/local/share/gnome") kf5.kcoreaddons.desktopparser: Could not
locate service type file kservicetypes5/kwin-script.desktop, tried
("/home/holger/.local/share", "/usr/share", "/usr/local/share",
"/usr/local/share/gnome") Application::crashHandler() called with
signal 11; recent crashes: 1 QSocketNotifier: Invalid socket 11 with
type Read, disabling... QSocketNotifier: Invalid socket 15 with type
Read, disabling... KCrash: crashing... crashRecursionCounter = 2
KCrash: Application Name = kwin_x11 path = /usr/local/bin pid = 3308
KCrash: Arguments: /usr/local/bin/kwin_x11 --replace KCrash: Attempting
to start /usr/local/lib/libexec/drkonqi from kdeinit
sock_file=/tmp/runtime-holger/kdeinit5_unix_0 QStandardPaths:
XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not set, defaulting to '/tmp/runtime-holger'
QXcbConnection: XCB error: 3 (BadWindow), sequence: 180, resource id:
65011718, major code: 20 (GetProperty), minor code: 0 kwin_xkbcommon:
XKB: Couldn't find file "rules/no" in include paths

I uses Nvidia card with latest 375.xx driver, but I don't think, that
this is the point, because a build of earlier version of plasma5 did
not show this behavior under same hardware.

Please tell me, if you need further information. Meanwhile I'll use
openbox as a workarround.

Kind regards,
  Holger