KDE apps fail start due to socket connect error

Beeblebrox zaphod at berentweb.com
Sat Jul 15 20:18:23 UTC 2017

Hi
> So can you confirm that the issues in dolphin/konqueror were fixed by
> installing kde-runtime?

First I wrote this:
No, there's a misunderstanding there.
x11/kde4-runtime install made no difference
The baseapps (dolphin/konqueror) started working when built as WITH_DEBUG
which is not unusual, I have seen other apps behave sanely when built w/ debug.

Then I decided to re-build kde-baseapps without the WITH_DEBUG setting and
un-installed x11/kde4-runtime. The apps started normally.
I think it was a fix in ports for some dependent that worked.
So closed for baseapps, not x11/kde4-runtime dependent.

PS: Not sure I did gdb debugging for silence correctly. I used
sudo gdb silence
but "chmod root /var/tmp/kde*" so that app would get needed perms
However, root user has no xorg session, so that might not have been correct method if process subsequently looks for xorg connection through dbus.

PPS: I delayed sending message until I had kde-baseapps rebuilt for testing.

Regards

--
HardenedBSD_amd64_12-Current_RadeonKMS
Please CC my email when responding, mail from list is not delivered.