KDE apps fail start due to socket connect error

Beeblebrox zaphod at berentweb.com
Fri Jul 14 10:24:51 UTC 2017

Hi Tobias,

> Could you install x11/kde-runtime, and see whether that helps

deskutils/silence compiled WITH_DEBUG and per suggestion x11/kde4-runtime was installed. KDE debug dialog shows:
Application: Silence (silence), signal: Segmentation fault (11)

Using "$ gdb silence"
(gdb) run
Starting program: /usr/local/bin/silence
then: then/endif not found.
KCrash: Application 'silence' crashing...
KCrash: Attempting to start /usr/local/lib/kde4/libexec/drkonqi from kdeinit
KCrash: Connect sock_file=/home/user/.kde4/socket-bsd.me/kdeinit4_unix_0
ptrace: Operation not permitted.
/tmp/kde-rsb/drkonqiC95638.tmp:2: Error in sourced command file:
No thread selected
During startup program exited with code 253.

Can't backtrace because kernel is built without debug options.

I already had a PR filed on FreeBSD bugzilla for deskutils/silence, so I'll just work from there on this issue. The other apps (dolphin, Konqueror) are working, so initial topic of my question has now changed I think.

Let me know if you need any other info.

Regards.

--
HardenedBSD_amd64_12-Current_RadeonKMS
Please CC my email when responding, mail from list is not delivered.