KDE apps fail start due to socket connect error

Beeblebrox zaphod at berentweb.com
Wed Jul 12 07:42:21 UTC 2017

Hello. I'm using non-KDE desktop, but would like to use KDE apps. Starting KDE based apps throws out this error:

*  dolphin
KCrash: Application 'dolphin' crashing...
KCrash: Attempting to start  from kdeinit
KCrash: Connect sock_file=/home/rsbsd/.kde4/socket-rsbsd.me/kdeinit4_unix_0
Warning: connect() failed: : No such file or directory
KCrash: Attempting to start  directly
KCrash failed to exec(), errno = 2

* Has no effect:
mkdir socket-rsbsd.me && ln -s kdeinit4_unix_0 -> /var/tmp/kdeinit4_unix_0

* ~/.kde4 recursively owned by my user

* Some apps do start, but grunt:
$ okular
Connecting to deprecated signal QDBusConnectionInterface::serviceOwnerChanged(QString,QString,QString)
QDBusConnection: session D-Bus connection created before QCoreApplication. Application may misbehave.
QDBusConnection: session D-Bus connection created before QCoreApplication. Application may misbehave.
kbuildsycoca4 running...
realPath called with a relative path '.config/fontconfig/menus/', please fix
okular(61837)/kdecore (KConfigSkeleton) KCoreConfigSkeleton::writeConfig:
okular(61837)/kdecore (KConfigSkeleton) KCoreConfigSkeleton::writeConfig:
okular(61837)/kdecore (KConfigSkeleton) KCoreConfigSkeleton::writeConfig:
okular(61837)/kdecore (KConfigSkeleton) KCoreConfigSkeleton::writeConfig:
okular(61837)/kdecore (KConfigSkeleton) KCoreConfigSkeleton::writeConfig:

* uname: FreeBSD 12.0-CURRENT #2  e294122ba60(hardened/current/drm-next)  amd64
But above errors also existed on FreeBSD before I had switched to HBSD

* Installed KDE dependents:
x11/kde4-baseapps
graphics/kdegraphics4-mobipocket
x11/kdelibs4
deskutils/kdepimlibs4
x11/kf5-kded
x11/kf5-kdelibs4support
x11-toolkits/kf5-kdesignerplugin
www/kf5-kdewebkit

Would appreciate any pointers where to look next
Regards

--
HardenedBSD_amd64_12-Current_RadeonKMS
Please CC my email when responding, mail from list is not delivered.