Reminder: please flush responsibly

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Tue Sep 6 13:01:11 UTC 2016

Hey peeps,

Please remember that area51 plasma5/ (normally trunk, but I've given up on
trunk for now; this message applies with s/plasma5/trunk/ under other
circumstances) is "the next hotness". When you flush something downstream from
plasma5/, please make sure that what ends up in official ports is the same
thing as is in plasma5/ when you started. In other words, little fixes that are
applied as part of flushing should be immediately added to plasma5/ so that
area51 and downstream match except for relevant changes.

Right now I'm spending whole days plowing through the diff between ports and
plasma5 in order to sync things up. There's hundreds of differences, and it's
really hard to tell what is part-of-the-next-update and what is noise-in-
downstream, etc.

[ade]