[kde-freebsd] KDE-FreeBSD: commiters and mentors needed

Kurt Jaeger pi at FreeBSD.org
Tue May 24 03:01:19 UTC 2016

Hi!

> > > If you assign PRs to me that you consider ready to commit, I can do this.

> > > Sometimes it will take a few days, but if that's OK with you...
>
> Hi Kurt, [removed Ralf and Tobias in CC, they'll get it through the list]
>
> Right now all my open PRs can be found through
> https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=reporter:groot@kde.org
> .

Ok, I added this to my links-list.

> All these PRs as of today are KDE-related. All of them are part of pushing our
> staging trunk, where we work on KDE updates in a kind-of-copy of the ports
> tree, downstream so that we can ready our next cycle of KDE updates.

Got it, so I implicitly assume maintainer-approval for those.

> I don't think I can assign PRs in FreeBSD's bugzilla. Most of these PRs are
> assigned to kde@ -- which is exactly the problem we're trying to tackle,
> namely that kde@ is under-staffed. So I've added you as CC in one PR.

Ok.

> Let's go through these one at a time, if you have the time to do so slowly.
> I've probably goofed up one or more patches in that gaggle of PRs -- almost
> certainly wrt. the right number to give to patch -p . But that will help me
> get a feel for how patches should really end up looking before they go into
> PRs.

I'll do my normal build-testing on the PRs, so let's see how it
works out. I'm testbuilding the otter-browser right now.

--
pi at FreeBSD.org         +49 171 3101372                4 years to go !