[kde-freebsd] [SVN Commit] branches/qt-5.6/QT/misc/qt5-doc

Tobias Berner tcberner at gmail.com
Wed May 4 21:36:04 UTC 2016

SVN commit 12476 by tcberner:

Add a patch from Ralf Nolden to make qt5-doc build on systems without clang.
[ At the moment we only check for OSVERSION < 1000000 ].

To give some context:
  The docs need to be built in the correct order for the index linking
  to work properly. The easiest way to ensure this, seems to be to start
  a developer build of Qt, and just build the docs from it.

  Now this in turn means, that we recompile qmake in this port. As
  qt now uses freebsd-clang by default on FreeBSD we can pass an mkspec
  via  -platform  to the configure script on FreeBSD < 1000000 and make
  it use g++48 (see patch) from ports for said versions.

Note: This is not optimal, nice, perfect or right. However, it seems to work.
      [for example g++ should not only be chosen on < 1000000 but whenever clang
       is not present as a compiler... ]

      Let's write "* Fix misc/qt5-doc" on some TODO list and move on to more
      interesting parts.

Obtained from:	Ralf Nolden <nolden at kde.org> via eMail

 M  +7 -1      Makefile
 A             files (directory)
 A             files/patch-qtbase_mkspecs_unsupported_freebsd-g++48