[kde-freebsd] firefox-43 && no sound on MP3, MP4, HTML5

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Sun May 1 13:11:47 UTC 2016

El día Sunday, May 01, 2016 a las 01:29:28PM +0200, Jan Beich escribió:

> Matthias Apitz <guru at unixarea.de> writes:
>
> > I: [(null)] main.c: This is PulseAudio 6.0
>
> Can you upgrade the package to 8.0? But before that backup and remove
> /usr/local/etc/pulse/ to start from a clean slate.

This is not a simple as said. I would have to update all my ports (which
are from head as of December 30); I will do this soon.

Re/ version 8.0, I checked the SVN and it bumped from 6.0 to 8.0 on Feb
14 with the release of Gnome 3.18.

> In general, there's no support for out of date packages. ;) I have no
> clue if versions before 8.0 had different quirks. Ask gnome at .

I have investigated it further. The puldeaudio daemon is started when
KDE desktop comes up and is unuseable for FF as KDE it starts; I have
not found in KDE any way to configure this and came up with an autostart
script as .kde4/Autostart/pulseaudio.sh which killes away the running
pulseaudio, starts it new and send down the pacmd setting:

#!/bin/sh
#
# restart pulseaudio with correct 'sink' for firefox
#
LANG=C date > /tmp/pulseaudio.out
ps ax | fgrep pulseaudio | fgrep -v pulseaudio.sh >> /tmp/pulseaudio.out
killall pulseaudio
echo starting /usr/local/bin/pulseaudio --start --log-target=syslog >> /tmp/pulseaudio.out
/usr/local/bin/pulseaudio --start --log-target=syslog
sleep 1
echo setting pacmd set-default-sink $(sysctl -n hw.snd.default_unit) >> /tmp/pulseaudio.out
pacmd set-default-sink $(sysctl -n hw.snd.default_unit)

With this all is fine now.

Added Cc: to kde@

Thanks

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ guru at unixarea.de, ⌂ http://www.unixarea.de/  ☎ +49-176-38902045
¡Dios querido denos otra vez los problemas de ayer, los que tuvimos en la RDA!