[kde-freebsd] qbs and qtcreator splitting

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Wed Mar 30 09:57:14 UTC 2016

Am Mittwoch, 30. März 2016, 10:59:27 schrieb Adriaan de Groot:
> On Tuesday 29 March 2016 21:25:59 Ralf Nolden wrote:
> > (as Linux distros already have done) and use them for ports that depend on
> > qbs. The improvement would be the speed increase for poudriere builds as
> > qbs
>
> Just wondering, what kind of ports would use qbs? Those would currently have
> a (build-)dependency on qtcreator, and have that dependency replaced by
> qbs?
Those would be ports that use qbs as the build system. As we have qbs not as a
standalone port, those apps that use qbs are probably not available as ports
anyway. Currently, if we would want to build ports for such apps, we would
need a build dependency to qtcreator.

An example would be http://qutim.org/download that uses qbs.

--
Kind regards,