[kde-freebsd] qbs and qtcreator splitting

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Tue Mar 29 19:25:59 UTC 2016

Hi,

I've made an updated qtcreator port with a split off of qbs (qt build suite).
The QBS is shipped standalone by Qt but is also (as a copy of the latest
version) part of the qt creator sources. As QBS is intended as a make
replacement (and a qmake replacement), projects are using it to build their
sources. So it makes sense to split QBS off from Qtcreator into its own port
(as Linux distros already have done) and use them for ports that depend on
qbs. The improvement would be the speed increase for poudriere builds as qbs
is fastly build whereas only having it through qtcreator would require
dependencies for the build system to build qtcreator first.

What I haven't done so far is adding a qbs section to bsd.qt.mk similar to
qmake. If that's done, it needs to be added to qtcreator as a build-dependency
so the qbs plugin gets built. Also I'm unsure if I did the CONFLICTS_INSTALL
right in the qbs port.

qbs-1.4.5:

https://share.kde.org/index.php/s/dKPrC46EX8OGt8B

qtcreator-3.6.1: