[kde-freebsd] 11.0-CURRENT: K3b and xfburn issues with .mp3 (for audio CD)

Graham Perrin grahamperrin at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 21:09:19 UTC 2016

To maintainers of K3b and xfburn named at
<http://www.freshports.org/sysutils/k3b-kde4/> and
<http://www.freshports.org/sysutils/xfburn/>

Cc: testing at lists.pcbsd.org

Testing PC-BSD 11.0-CURRENTMAR2016 with the .mp3 file that is
downloadable from <http://neveu01.chez-alice.fr/birasouf.htm>

----

[graham at macbookpro82] /usr/ports/www/firefox% pkg info k3b | grep Version
Version        : 2.0.3
     * Creating Video CDs (VCD 1.1, 2.0, SVCD, CD-i support (Version 4))

If I drag an .mp3 from the (local) ~/Desktop and drop on the project
files area of K3b, there's a strange message:

No non-local files supported:

(If I use the Project menu to add the file, there's a more explanatory
message.)

----

[graham at macbookpro82] /usr/ports/www/firefox% pkg info xfburn | grep Version
Version        : 0.5.4_3

Attempting to add the .mp3 file to an audio CD project causes the
application to crash.