[kde-freebsd] Qt documentation generation 2nd try

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Mon Mar 21 10:27:02 UTC 2016

Hi,

after the last try which had the disadvantage that the examples were missing
and overall the shipping of the docs with their binary ports enlarges them
quite a lot, I tried something different now and would like to have you a look
if that would do it now (which I think it does :)

The idea is to generate the docs and examples module by module in separate
ports for each source package, so starting point would be qtbase:

qt5-base-doc:
https://share.kde.org/index.php/s/2BKmtz3sIBHfNRA

qt5-tools-doc:
https://share.kde.org/index.php/s/yndg0AJM9cyfcWR

qt5-location-doc:
https://share.kde.org/index.php/s/9g76PuHZGLj868U

Finally, the qtdoc source is build at the end (we need the other ports as
dependencies so the links are generated correctly, for now build it at last)

qt5-doc:
https://share.kde.org/index.php/s/CXBjJ2h8HZEWQQn

Then you have the examples and the docs show up in qtcreator.

Splitting up the docs and examples from qtbase to core, gui, qmake etc doesn't
make much sense given they are intertwined with each other and would produce a
whole bunch of ports without any additional value. Splitting the docs by
source package though has the advantage that we can add them one by one and
keep track of them as soon as each source package is changed during version
upgrades a lot easier than a huge big doc port, so that would make sense there
too.

I would add the other ports one by one later if this proof of concept is OK
and can be taken over into area51 for some testing.

--
Kind regards,

Ralf Nolden