[kde-freebsd] PR 210053

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Sun Jun 5 14:49:20 UTC 2016

Am Sonntag, 5. Juni 2016, 16:19:06 schrieb Schaich Alonso:
> I forgot my bugzilla password and "The system is not configured to allow
> password change requests." ...
>
> I've got this review ticket for the libressl issue. Somehow kde@ was not
> CC-ed.
>
> https://reviews.freebsd.org/D6685
>
> Given it took me one month to open the ticket, I didn't expect the PR to me
> made so quickly after it.
>
> Rakuco is AFK for the time being, so anyone with PORTS commit bit just send
> it in.
>
> Alonso

Hi Alonso,

thanks for the info. On the Qt side (where it appears as a problem in
QtNetwork) we've added now a patch to only support openssl. The usability of
libressl and the support for that can be argued about, however, I think we
should at least write up some advisory what is used where so people know how
to treat problems with Qt-related software in case of security advisories.

If the use of libressl instead of openssl can be made optional by an option
and keep the defaults at openssl, I'm fine with any patch as long as it is up
to the user to build that with qca. (on Qt, I wouldn't do that on qt5-network
because it is not officially supported by Qt).

Until that is given, I wouldn't use the patch. How is upstream handling the
use of libressl ?
--
Kind regards,

Ralf Nolden