[kde-freebsd] Qt 5.6: Moving .qdocconf files to another port?

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Mon Jul 18 08:10:54 UTC 2016

Am Montag, 18. Juli 2016, 00:02:00 schrieb Raphael Kubo da Costa:
> > The reason is that tcberner and I want to re-work most of the qttools
> > ports
> > that are currently split up into several ones to get them merged into as
> > few ports as possible and reasonable. Then look at the issue of the
> > qdocconf files again, if we open a bug report on Qt to have these files
> > moved to qttools as well, which would solve our problem at the source.
>
> I don't see how those two issues are related: moving the .qdocconf files
> to another port, be it a new one or qt5-core, does not prevent the
> creation of a qt5-tools port that just has to depend on it.
If the global idea is to reduce the number of ports by creating a qt5-tools
port, it is kinda counter-productive to add a new port for the global qdoc
files.

Adding them to qtcore might be an option for now, qdoc depends on qtcore
anyway. So that would fullfill a) lesser number of ports and b) your wish to
get rid of the hack to use two distfiles for one port.

However, even if using two distfiles may seem as a bad choice, the reason to
keep things as they are now is that the files belong together. Putting the
global files into qt5-core seems even more confusing to me than using two
distfiles to create the port which has everything it needs in itself. The long-
term goal would be to get rid of that situation but to do that upstream by
moving the global qdoc files to qttools directly. To me, it just simply got
forgotten to be moved when the qdoc sources were moved out of qtbase to
qttools.

Let me check that with upstream if we can fix that somehow.

Kind regards,

Ralf Nolden