[kde-freebsd] paint text into the background image

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Sun Jan 17 13:24:42 UTC 2016

On Friday 15 January 2016 15:13:20 Matthias Apitz wrote:
> El día Friday, January 15, 2016 a las 02:46:22PM +0100, Adriaan de Groot
escribió:
> > On Friday 08 January 2016 17:01:57 Matthias Apitz wrote:
> > > Is there a way to paint some text into the background of KDE4, for
> > > example: 11-CURRENT r292778, ports December 30.
> >
> > That sounds like an excellent job for a plasmoid. That would be
> > independent of the wallpaper, too.
>
> Do you have more pointers for both? Thanks.

Plasmoids tutorial: https://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Plasma4

I Yahoo'ed "kde plasma plasmoid howto" and there's a 1 hour youtube tutorial
by Aaron Seigo -- that might also be a good start.

I expect such a plasmoid -- if it's just a frame and two text labels -- to
come in at under a hundred lines of QML + javascript; possibly the only
challenge is to be able to call out to the shell to get the uname and svn
info.

[ade]