How to un-shade panel icons?

Manish Jain bourne.identity at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 22 15:22:17 UTC 2016

Hi,

Kindly excuse my question if it sounds too childish - I am a KDE beginner (using KDE 4.14.3 ) on FreeBSD 10.3 amd64. So far I had been using Gnome, but then gnome crashed, while KDE goes smoothly on my system.

I find it difficult to make out the applications minimized in the panel - the icons are all shaded dark grey, all the same colour. While KDE is highly slick and functional, probably more functional than any other desktop environment, the shaded icons on the panel are the only area where I am having problems. I have tried various desktop themes (settling on Oxygen), but none of the themes gives the option of panel icons being distinct in appearance.

If someone could kindly help me tweak the panel so that the icons bear hallmark appearance, it shall be wonderful.

Thanks for any help.
Manish Jain