[kde-freebsd] [SVN Commit] area51/KDE/x11/kdelibs4

Schaich Alonso alonsoschaich at fastmail.fm
Thu Sep 3 10:23:48 UTC 2015

On Tue, Sep 1, 2015, at 12:22, Max Brazhnikov wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Aug 2015 13:42:06 -0700 (PDT) Alonso Schaich wrote:
> > SVN commit 11418 by aschai:
> >
> > Disable JASPER usage
> >
> > JASPER was blacklisted due to it's security issues two weeks ago, and cannot
> > be installed unless explicitly whitelisted by the user. Tell kdelibs not to
> > use JASPER for the time being.
> >
> > The corresponding jasper issues are CVE-2015-5221 and CVE-2015-5203.
>
> Alonso! This commit changes nothing from the user perspective: the
> packages are build from the official portstree, not area51! Please commit
> security fixed to the ports directly and then to area51 if needed. Btw,
> jasper port has been fixed already.
>
> Max

Hi

This commit does not fix a security issue, it work arounds the fact that
jasper could not be installed last week. I commited this to area51
because I had to reinstall multiple installations (hardware failure
caused loss of all my build VMs).

I'll revert this commit later, or turn JASPER into an option.