[kde-freebsd] KDE 4.14.2 *very* inresponsive to mouse events

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Fri May 15 19:22:16 UTC 2015

El día Friday, May 15, 2015 a las 08:25:27AM +0200, Matthias Apitz escribió:

> I have a system with a 11-CURRENT r276659 amd64 and KDE 4.14.2 (all ports compiled out
> of SVN from January this year and installed as packages yesterday) on a
> new netbook Acer C720 with 4 GByte RAM.
>
> The system is very fast, KDE boots up from 'startx' in 25 seconds. The
> KDE env was created in an empty HOME by the 1st KDE start. It is not
> manageable with the mouse. The mouse itself is fine (checked with 'xev')
> and the start of components is fast too (for example when one starts
> 'konqueror' from a xterm shell cmd line).
>
> But, if you start something with the moues, it is inresponsive. For
> example a click in the KDE-menu icon takes 1 minute to bring up the
> control panel, and when you click there 'System Settings', it takes
> another minute to bring up this window.
>
> Where to look now? Thanks

I figured out what is causing the problem. In the dir ~/.kde4/Autostart/
for some error was located a normal text file without exec permissions;

$ ls -l .kde4/Autostart/
total 8
-rw-r--r--  1 guru  wheel     4 15 may 21:03 foo.txt

this brings up some process:

4239  -  I     0:00,07 kdeinit4: kdeinit4: kate -b /home/guru/.kde4/Autostart/foo.txt (kdeinit

which makes the full KDE unuseable; you can just try this :-) and remove
the file again and all is fine;

Where should I file a bug report?

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz, guru at unixarea.de, http://www.unixarea.de/ +49-170-4527211    +49-176-38902045
"Wenn der Mensch von den Umständen gebildet wird, so muß man die Umstände menschlich bilden."