[kde-freebsd] [SVN Commit] branches/plasma5/KDE

Tobias Berner tcberner at gmail.com
Sun May 10 07:36:07 UTC 2015

On Saturday 09. May 2015 21:43:19 brunomaximom at openmailbox.org wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> >> Is it possible to update KDE 4.14 to plasma 5.3.0?
> >
> >> Thank you.
> >
> > Do you mean, whether it is possible to update from 4.14 to 5.3.0?
> >
> > If so, there is no "update path". To get 5.3.0 I would recommend to
> >
> > deinstall kde4 entirely and install x11/plasma5-plasma and the
> >
> > applications you want separately.
> >
> > Note, these ports are still highly experimental, so they may not work,
> >

> > or destroy your data, and so forth... (I would be careful with
> >
> > kdepim for example). That being said, I'm using it myself.
> >
> > [If you give it a try, please make sure to set both DOCS and NLS to
> > enabled
> >
> > in the ports that provide them, as building without them will most
> > likely
> >
> > fail at the moment].
> >
> > mfg Tobias
>
> Hi
Hi
> Do you think if you could finish this port effort before the next
> quaterly update?
Probably not -- too many changes, which first have to be thoroughly
reviewed by kde@ before it can become part of the official tree.
> Any idea what will you do to Plasma 5 works on Wayland? Martin Grasslin
> has added systemd dependencies.
We will cross that bridge when we get there :). I'm sure someone will come
up with a solution once wayland is worth looking at/in the ports (as you
cannot even run wayland at the moment, it's not really important for now).
> Thanks.

mfg Tobias