[kde-freebsd] qmake5 fails to link

Raphael Kubo da Costa rakuco at FreeBSD.org
Fri Jun 26 14:17:27 UTC 2015

"Schaich, Alonso" <alonsoschaich at fastmail.fm> writes:

> Go ahead.
>
> However, the upgrade process traverses the package tree in dependency
> order AFAIK, so at any point during the update, a qt-old version
> library was either already overwritten by its qt-new counterpart, or
> should not be referenced by the linker anyway, unless the ports
> dependencies do not reflect the linker dependencies, or qmake is
> messing up the library search paths for it's build/stage-dir libs with
> the system path's ones.

The details are a bit hazy in my memory after so many months, but it was
something like this: either because of the way we split, for example,
qtbase into different ports, or because of the additional targets we
build in ports like x11-toolkits/qt5-gui, we do end up with a situation
where end up with a broken linker invocation.

  # e.g. qt5-gui
  c++ -o libs/libQt5Foo.so file1.o ... fileN.o -lQt5FooDependency ... \
      -L/usr/local/lib -L/build/dir/libs

so the installed and older libQt5FooDependency.so is picked up instead
of the newly-built one.