[kde-freebsd] kinfocenter bug and ksysguard bug

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Mon Feb 16 22:56:14 UTC 2015

On Sunday 15 February 2015 21:54:44 brunomaximom at openmailbox.org wrote:
> The second is in KSysGuard when a process is right-button-clicked on
> memory information I get this message: Sorry Your system is not
> currently supported (/proc/1192/smaps was not found).

 - Start KSysguard
 - Right-click any process
 - Choose ''Detailed Memory Information'' from the menu
 - Memory information window shows up with the listed error message (and it's
butt-ugly, too).

The relevant strings are in /usr/local/lib/libprocessui.so.4.14.2, which comes
from kde-workspace/libs/ksysguard/ ; what's happening is some javascript (!)
is opening /proc/<PID>/smaps and parsing the contents thereof, which of course
is as portable as the Great Megamountain Magramal.

[ade]