[kde-freebsd] Should QtGui's cmake files add /usr/local/include?

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Mon Feb 16 22:49:33 UTC 2015

On Tuesday 17 February 2015 00:25:34 Raphael Kubo da Costa wrote:
> The quick and dirty solution to this problem is to set CPATH to
> /usr/local/include and LIBRARY_PATH to /usr/local/lib when building
> Qt5-based software (we do that automatically in Mk/Uses/qmake.mk, but
> that obviously does not work if you are building your programs by hand.

In the medium term I'd expect KDiagram to get a port (along with other tier-1
and tier-1-like things from KF5) so then this problem goes away for me
automatically.

What I've done in the short term is prod upstream to replace

#include <QtGui>  // this will also pull in the OpenGL parts

with a slimmed-down set of #includes instead of the shotgun-approach. That
takes the (unused) OpenGL bits out of the compile, and then the missing
/usr/local/include doesn't matter anymore. Of course, that only works because
kdiagram doesn't need the GL bits.

[ade]