[kde-freebsd] Should QtGui's cmake files add /usr/local/include?

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Sun Feb 15 19:28:34 UTC 2015

Hiya,

I'm building the KDE Frameworks from tier 1 on 10.1-R. I have the Qt5 packages
from pkg(8) installed. The frameworks mostly build OK. Some, however, give
build errors:

In file included from
/home/adridg/src/kwidgetsaddons/tests/kcolumnresizertestapp.cpp:23:
In file included from /usr/local/include/qt5/QtGui/QtGui:32:
In file included from /usr/local/include/qt5/QtGui/qopenglcontext.h:62:
/usr/local/include/qt5/QtGui/qopengl.h:110:12: fatal error: 'GL/gl.h' file not
      found

This is because the framework -- or in this case a test-program -- is doing
#include <QtGui> which is legal, but which then pulls in qopenglcontext.h and
the rest is in the error log.

So, given that you *may* need /usr/local/include in the build as well, and
that parts of Qt5 assume that that path is present, shouldn't that directory
be added to the search path somehow? Perhaps the thing to do is avoid #include
<QtGui>, but that requires upstream KDE to cooperate.

[ade]