[kde-freebsd] archivers/quazip

Raphael Kubo da Costa rakuco at freebsd.org
Mon Dec 28 18:12:28 UTC 2015

Ralf Nolden <nolden at kde.org> writes:

>> Looking at upstream's commit log [1], you might want to pull the latest
>> commits there which make the Qt4 and Qt5 versions co-installable (I
>> think the Qt5 version ends up being installed into include/quazip5 and
>> the library is called libquazip5.so).
>>
>> [1] http://sourceforge.net/p/quazip/code/HEAD/tree/trunk/quazip/
> I just had a look and a quick test for the current code. It's still named
> libquazip.so if qmake is used, the changes in the lib suffix is in the cmake
> build (which didn't work for me).

For future reference: I've committed archivers/quazip-qt5 from the
plasma5 branch after polishing it a bit.

I have done the same as Debian, Fedora, ArchLinux and upstream itself
(r252, r254, r255 and r257) and instead of installing libquazip.so into
a different directory just ship the new library as libquazip5.so.
files/patch-coinstallable_with_qt4_version just cherry-picks the
upstream SVN commits I mentioned.

I don't think it's a problem that building quazip with qmake doesn't
work as intended; as far as I understood, upstream only maintains the
CMake version of its build system.