[kde-freebsd] RFC: Need for 'NLS' and 'DOCS' options in KDE frameworks/plasma/applications ports

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Sat Aug 29 21:12:54 UTC 2015

Am Samstag, 29. August 2015, 20:59:52 schrieb Max Brazhnikov:
> On Sat, 29 Aug 2015 11:00:47 +0200 Ralf Nolden wrote:
> > Ok, I've checked
> > http://download.kde.org/stable/applications/15.08.0/src/kde-l10n/  which
> > is the only one that ships the translations.
> >
> > As each file contains translations for KDE 4 and KDE 5 together, how about
> > just updating the resprective ports with the sources packaging the kde4
> > translations and adding another port each for the kde5 translations
> > using the same source then ? (that limits the distfiles down and ships
> > the most recent translations for KDE4 also)
>
> One port per one distfile installing translations both for KDE 4/5 is fine.
> Less ports less work :).

That's what I initially thought, too. The KDE 4 l10n ports are named kde4-
l10n-<lang> though, so either that gets switched to kde-l10n-<lang> before or
add an additional port for each lang kde5-l10n-<lang>. The distfile is the
same, just the subdir inside the distfile is either "4" or "5" depending on the
KDE version. Given the history, I would opt for additional kde5-l10n-<lang>
ports :)

--
Kind regards,

Ralf Nolden