[kde-freebsd] Ctrl-A not working in Konsole 2.14.2 (KDE dev platform 4.14.3)

Jim Long kde at museum.rain.com
Mon Aug 10 17:27:55 UTC 2015

On Mon, Aug 10, 2015 at 12:39:44PM -0400, Anthony Jenkins wrote:

> On 08/10/2015 12:21 PM, Jim Long wrote:
> > I have two systems running subject.  One is a laptop running
> > 9.3-STABLE i386 circa July 30 (r269317).  The other is a desktop
> > running 10.2-BETA2 amd64 (r285757).
> >
> > On the laptop, Ctrl-A and Ctrl-E work as expected in a Bash command
> > line within Konsole.  On the desktop, Ctrl-E works, but Ctrl-A does
> > nothing.
> >
> > I have checked both the Konsole keyboard shortcuts and the System
> > Settings -> Standard Keyboard Shortcuts and there are not differences:
> > neither system has Ctrl-A bound to any short within Konsole, and both
> > systems have Ctrl-A bound to Select All in the Standard Keyboard Shortcuts.
> >
> > Where else can I look to find out what is preventing Konsole on the
> > 10.2-BETA2 machine from passing Ctrl-A through to the bash shell?
>
> Have you tried Bash /not/ running in Konsole, i.e. on a vt( (Ctrl-Alt-F1
> through Ctrl-Alt-F8) or a ports/x11//rxvt or ports/x11/rxvt-unicode
> window?  If it still does it, it's probably a problem with your Bash
> config on the desktop ($HOME/.bash*).

Have not tried x11/rxvt, but if I switch to a text console or if I
exit Xorg completely back to a text-mode display, Ctrl-A works fine.
It's only within KDE/Konsole that Ctrl-A stops working for me.

I don't think I have any bash-specific key configs.

$ file ~/.bash*
/home/jim/.bash_history: ASCII text
$

Thanks for the reply!  Let me know if you think of anything else I
can test/verify/rule out.

Jim