[kde-freebsd] XDG_* make environment variables

Raphael Kubo da Costa rakuco at FreeBSD.org
Fri Sep 5 10:41:33 UTC 2014

Schaich Alonso <alonsoschaich at fastmail.fm> writes:

> Hello
>
> About a year ago several area51 ports introduced an explicit XDG_CONFIG_HOME
> and/or XDG_DATA_DIRS assignment to /dev/null, iirc in order to prevent the
> build process to create paths in the home directory of the building user.
>
> Earlier today I was browsing some ${PORTSDIR}/Mk/... files and noticed
> Mk/bsd.port.mk sets both variables to WRKDIR. The way I see this, it
> should therefore be safe to remove the explicit value overloads in the
> area51 ports, but I haven't tried doing so yet.
>
> Is there anything that still needs them?

This was mostly done by avilla and bapt back in the days because
update-mime-database or something else that touched $HOME was being
called during the build or installation.

I'd say if svn blaming the changes to bsd.port.mk shows they're more
recent than those changes to XDG_* variables in the Makefiles (and your
tests still work), then we can go ahead.

bapt, do you have anything to add here?