[kde-freebsd] Please review my (hopefully) final Qt 5.3.2 commits

Raphael Kubo da Costa rakuco at freebsd.org
Wed Oct 22 13:12:03 UTC 2014

Max Brazhnikov <makc at freebsd.org> writes:

>> Lastly, I'm fairly convinced 7492a2c ("Stop explicitly passing
>> ${LOCALBASE} to the compiler") is the only way to fix ports/194088, but
>> feedback is also welcome.
>
> This may break 3rd-party software and ports which relay on this includes,
> but I don't consider this as a drawback: passing additional flags when you
> need them is much easier, than removing flags when they bring problems.

The idea of setting LIBRARY_PATH and CPATH in CONFIGURE_ENV and MAKE_ENV
is to make the change transparent to 3rd-party software: the only change
is that while we explicitly passed -I/usr/local/include and
-L/usr/local/lib before via mkspecs/freebsd-*/qmake.conf, they are now
passed implicitly via those environment variables.

I may have to move those definitions from bsd.qt.mk to Uses/qmake.mk
though, as the previous setup only affected ports which used qmake and
the new approach should be limited to qmake as well.