[kde-freebsd] Merging qt5-uitools->qt5/designer and qt5-qmldevtools->qt5-qml for Qt 5.3?

Alberto Villa avilla at FreeBSD.org
Tue Oct 14 05:50:39 UTC 2014

Hello!

Il 13/ott/2014 00:36 "Max Brazhnikov" <makc at freebsd.org> ha scritto:
> Not to the linguist, but virtually to any Qt based port. libQtUiTools is
> a very common dependency, and since we don't have qt4 port for it,
> almost everything depends on heavy qt4-designer port (read qtwebkit).
> The same situation with the linguist and lupdate/lrelease: if you need to
> build l10n for simple Qt 4 port you have to install tons of stuff.

I agree with Max on this: keeping UiTools on its own is worth some extra
patching, unless it becomes unmaintainable. The whole Qt 5 build system
needed heavy patching anyway, so it shouldn't be a big issue.

Hope I'll be able to join you on this effort some day!

Alberto