[kde-freebsd] Qt5 on FreeBSD 5.3 upgrade: please add ports/UPDATING entries

Raphael Kubo da Costa rakuco at FreeBSD.org
Wed Nov 12 12:21:43 UTC 2014

Matthias Andree <mandree at FreeBSD.org> writes:

> 1. pkg delete -f qt5-qmldevtools
>    is required before qt5-qml can be installed.

I've thought about it, but wondered if it would make sense in addition
to specifying what happened in MOVED. I even asked in the ports mailing
list [1] but got no reply, so I went ahead this way and trusted each
tool would do its job.

https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports/2014-October/096074.html

> 2. qt5-quick does not build if some 5.2.1 ports are left, I suppose (but
> did not check) this is due to qt5-quick build preferring /usr/local
> libraries over the locally built ones when linking.
>
> I get errors like these /usr/local/lib/libQt5Quick.so.5: undefined
> reference to `QQmlCustomParser::error(QQmlCustomParserNode const&,
> QString const&)' while building qt5-quick.

I've finally fixed this in r372491 -- in this case I didn't want to
write an UPDATING entry on purpose because I consciously want all Qt
ports to be updateable without any additional steps required.