[kde-freebsd] coreutils

brunomaximom at openmailbox.org brunomaximom at openmailbox.org
Wed Nov 5 05:09:06 UTC 2014

Hi folks,

I notice coreutils is a dependency for kde, specifically kdepim. But I
tried to build kdepim removing the coreutils from Makefile and it builds
fine. Which are the needs to depend on coreutils? Could coreutils be
removed from KDE?
And what about gcc and bash? Are they necessary too? I have tried to
change my default shell to /bin/sh on Debian + KDE and KDE stopped to
log in, but here FreeBSD I use /bin/sh as default and KDE works
perfectly. So why bash dependency? KDE cannot work with native FreeBSD
components, besides FreeBSD has its own "coreutils" and shell?

Thanks for answer.