[kde-freebsd] Akonadi problems after upgrading to 4.12

Dwayne MacKinnon dmk at ncf.ca
Wed Mar 19 15:03:03 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I'm running a few boxes with KDE. This upgrade hasn't gone all that well.

On my 10.0-RELEASE amd64 box, I keep having things fail with SIGABRT. For
example, Choqok will unexpectedly exit while updating my twitter feed. Once it
happens, it keeps happening for a while. If I try to open an opendocument
format doc in Dolphin, Dolphin crashes immediately. Same thing with an
attachment in kmail.

If I put WANT_KDE_DEBUG in make.conf, that should give me debugging symbols in
everything, right? Or am I behind the times?

My main problems though are with akonadi on my 9.2-RELEASE i386 box that I
just updated.

The update itself was problematical. The libgles stuff won't build; I can only
guess that it's because I'm running Nvidia's proprietary driver. That only
came up during the installation phase of kde-workspace; the only way I got it
to work was to turn off the libgles support by doing a make config.

Now akonadi is behaving strangely. Multiple resources won't start (maildir,
calendar, contacts, notes, etc.) Kmail crashes every time I try to configure
it, either with a lock problem or agent instance creation timeout. If I use
akonadictl in a terminal, I'm not seeing any output at all.

I've started with no .config, .kde4 or .local directories. I've re-installed
akonadi. I'm at a bit of a loss as to what's going on here.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers,
DMK