[kde-freebsd] Qt-dependent ports (mixing Qt4/5)

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Sun Jul 27 20:58:33 UTC 2014

For a Qt5-based application that I'm testing on FreeBSD (Tupi, for cartoon-ish
2D animation), I needed a Qt5-based archivers/quazip. How are we (or are we at
all) going to support libraries like that that can build against both Qt4 and
Qt5?

Actually modifying the existing port to build against Qt5 was straightforward.
The resulting Makefile is attached. The only change is the USE_QT4 line morphs
into USE_QT5 and the names of components change.

However, during the build I got linking errors in the qztest directory; the
tail end of the linking command looked like this:

 -L/usr/local/lib\ -L/usr/local/lib -L -L/usr/local/lib -lQt5Test -lQt5Core

That is going to add two directories to the link search path, neither of which
is sensible; I modified the ports-patch to qztest.pro to produce a slightly
different sequence of -Ls, changed file also attached. After that the port
builds fine against Qt5 (which then raises the question: what if I also wanted
a Qt4 installation and quazip on this machine?).

[ade]