[kde-freebsd] KDE4: kaffeine problems

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Fri Jan 31 11:18:11 UTC 2014

El día Friday, January 31, 2014 a las 11:30:46AM +0100, Tilman Keskin?z escribió:

> > $ kaffeine O.mp4
> [..]
> >
> > Failed to open VDPAU backend Shared object "libvdpau_nvidia.so" not
> > found, required by "kaffeine-xbu"
> > vo_vdpau: Can't create vdp device : No vdpau implementation.
> >
> > And now?
>
> This error message comes from xine, so adding multimedia to CC for insights.

I saw already the same message while starting

$ xine O.mp4

and was able to get rid of it by setting in ~/.xine/config

# video driver to use
# { auto  vdpau  xv  raw  opengl  xshm  none  sdl }, default: 0
video.driver:xshm

i.e. to xshm (and not auto); after this xine plays fine;

after doing the same change in ~/.kde4/share/apps/kaffeine/xine-config

$ kaffeine O.mp4

works fine too; thanks

	matthias

--