[kde-freebsd] KDE4: kaffeine problems

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Fri Jan 31 07:16:53 UTC 2014

Hello,

This is with KDE4 from ports (SVN from October, 1 2013):

$ uname -a
FreeBSD aurora.Sisis.de 10.0-ALPHA4 FreeBSD 10.0-ALPHA4 #1: Fri Oct 18 12:10:57 CEST 2013     guru at aurora.Sisis.de:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC i386
$ pkg_info | fgrep kaffe
kaffeine-1.2.2_4    A xine-base multimedia player

When I launched kaffeine with some file.mp4 it first claimed:

$ kaffeine HrchIEBbBVA.mp4
QDBusConnection: session D-Bus connection created before
QCoreApplication. Application may misbehave.
QDBusConnection: session D-Bus connection created before
QCoreApplication. Application may misbehave.
Shared object "libavutil.so.1" not found, required by "libxine.so.2"

So I installed in addition ffmpeg-0.7.15_1,1.tbz; after this it claimed:

Failed to open VDPAU backend Shared object "libvdpau_nvidia.so" not
found, required by "kaffeine-xbu"

So I installed in addition ports/x11/nvidia-driver and kldload'ed the
driver nvidia; now it says:

NVIDIA: could not open the device file /dev/nvidiactl (No such file or
directory).
vo_vdpau: Can't create vdp device : No vdpau implementation.

The audio is there, but no picture; only a black window.

And now I'm lost :-(

What is the exact procedure to get kaffeine working and why it does not
pull in required pieces while compiling the port multimedia/kaffeine?

Thanks for some help.

	matthias
--
Matthias Apitz               |  /"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign: www.asciiribbon.org