[kde-freebsd] KDE 4.12 and WITH_NEW_XORG=no

Raphael Kubo da Costa rakuco at FreeBSD.org
Tue Jan 28 09:11:32 UTC 2014

As we're finally close to getting the 4.12.1 ports into a reasonable
stable where everything builds, I'd like to start discussing merging
area51 back into ports -- we've already skipped the whole 4.11 release
cycle.

As I see it, the biggest question is what to do with WITH_NEW_XORG=no:
kde4-workspace will not build with the ancient version of Mesa that gets
build when WITH_NEW_XORG is disabled. And FreeBSD's pkg building cluster
does not enable this variable on its 8- and 9- builds, which mean we
wouldn't get part of the KDE packages built for those releases at all.