[kde-freebsd] KDE4: KsCD not playing tracks

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Wed Aug 13 09:42:11 UTC 2014

El día Wednesday, August 13, 2014 a las 11:20:14AM +0200, Adriaan de Groot escribió:

> On Monday 11 August 2014 10:42:33 Matthias Apitz wrote:
> > KsCD sees the tracks on the audio CD but when I press PLAY, only a
> > banner is running '01 - Unknown title'; the time is shown as '00:00'
> > without any updating and ofc no audio comes out.
>
> The same still applies inKDE 4.12.5; kscd does detect the drive and disc (and
> uses musicbrainz to find track info), but play just scrolls the title of track
> 1 at time 00:00.
>
> The eject button *does* work, though :)
>
> You can get the configure dialog by right-clicking on the KsCD application;
> there's a context menu with 'configure shortcuts' and 'configure'.
>
> It might come down to an issue in Phonon, though. Or in the gstreamer backend.
> The KsCD code seems to just call play() on a Phonon media object, which
> delegates it down to the backend.

I'm not esp. keen in having audio CD on FreeBSD, but is it worth to file
a bug report (and if so where)? I do not have KDE on, for example, Linux to
check if it works there.

Thanks for your feedback in any case.

	matthias
--
Matthias Apitz               |  /"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign:
E-mail: guru at unixarea.de     |  \ /   - No HTML/RTF in E-mail