[kde-freebsd] Trying to build a QT5 application

Marco Bröder marco.broeder at posteo.eu
Sat Aug 2 08:36:39 UTC 2014

On Fri, 01 Aug 2014 08:41:04 -0400
Daniel Morante <daniel at morante.net> wrote:

> I am trying to create a port for an application that supports both
> Qt4 and Qt5.
>
> Qt4 builds fine and I am using the following in the port's Makefile:
>
> QT4_CONFIGURE_WITH=    gui=qt4
> QT4_USE=
> qt4=corelib,gui,qmake_build,linguist,uic,moc,rcc,qtestlib_build
>
> For Qt5 I have:
>
> QT5_CONFIGURE_WITH=    gui=qt5
> QT5_USE=
> qt5=core,gui,dbus,widgets,network,qmake_build,linguisttools,buildtools_build,testlib_build
>
> Using Qt5 fails to configure properly.  It's unable to find
> "lrelease":
>
> checking for lrelease-qt5... no
> checking for lrelease5... no
> checking for lrelease... no
> configure: error: LRELEASE not found
>
> According to the porters handbook, that should be provided by
> "linguisttools" above.  I also tried with and had the same result:
>
> QT5_USE=
> qt5=core,gui,dbus,widgets,network,qmake_build,linguist,linguisttools,buildtools_build,testlib_build

Hello Daniel,

I had the same problem with mail/trojita in the QT5 version and solved
it by patching the cmake search path for the linguist binaries to
${QT_BINDIR}. Maybe you should do something similar with your port.

CC'ing kde-freebsd at kde.org, because it looks like something is wrong
with our QT5 ports.

Unfortunately, I never had the time to take a closer look at this issue
and the simple fix worked for my port.

--
Regards