[kde-freebsd] QT / KDE issue with jpegs?

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Tue Oct 15 19:57:09 UTC 2013

A few weeks back, around the time STAGEDIR went into the ports tree, we
started seeing issues with KDE / QT being unable to render JPEGs in
certain places. Mainly it shows up as any jpeg wallpapers showing up
black with a size 0x0 when you try to set them in KDE. In addition some
QT apps (such as designer-qt4) also can't show jpegs.. When I look into
the kdecache dirs, I can see the "converted" jpeg -> png files, and they
are all black.

/var/tmp/kdecache-kris/plasma-wallpapers/usr/local/share/wallpapers/Aghi/contents/images/1920x1080.jpg_#000000_0_1920x1080.png

Nothing has changed really in our build options, we've just been
updating our PKGNG repo to stay in sync with ports.  In addition the
apps show NO error messages that I can find, it just doesn't show the
jpeg :(

Has anybody else rebuilt their ports tree on 9.2 in the past few weeks
and run into this?

This is on 9.2-RELEASE / amd64 and it seems to be affecting all users of
our repo.

--
Kris Moore
PC-BSD Software