[kde-freebsd] Update fails for kactivitymanagerd-4.10.5_1

Baptiste Daroussin bapt at freebsd.org
Tue Oct 15 11:43:29 UTC 2013

On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 01:16:57PM +0200, Alberto Villa wrote:
> It's due to a problem with compiler.mk, already reported yesterday.
> Apparently, USES=compiler:c++11-lang doesn't provide such feature on
> FreeBSD 9 and below.
>
> bapt@: ideas?

We have to limit the number of compilers we do support, and given the different
possible options people can have: CLANG_IS_CC WITHOUT_CLANG WITHOUT_GCC it would
be a nightmare to support all combinaison.

So the ports tree only tests ${CC} and if it is failing fallback on a port
because we know the port do exists. Therefore clang33 is installed on FreeBSD
9.2 even if base has clang 3.3.

If a user want to use clang from base in freebsd 9.2 he will have to manually
setup CC=clang and CXX=clang++ and CPP=clang-cpp in his make.conf in that case
compiler.mk will not pick up clang from ports.

Now if one is willing to add support for finding clang in base, then patches
welcome.

I can review but I do not have time to write any patches now.

regards,
Bapt