[kde-freebsd] run command

Schaich Alonso alonsoschaich at fastmail.fm
Wed Nov 13 17:48:08 UTC 2013

On Wed, 13 Nov 2013 15:29:10 +0100
Bengt Ahlgren <bengta at sics.se> wrote:

> Ajtim <lumiwa at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > OS: FreeBSD 10.0-BETA3 #0 r257580: Sun Nov 3 19:43:01 UTC 2013
> > root at snap.freebsd.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC amd64
> > KDE 4.11.3 from area51
> >
> > ALT-F2 or Run Command from Application Launcher Menu open but when I
> > want to write a command it closed. It is not usable.
> > Is it related to almost everything built with clang, please?

Interesting, I have 10-BETA3 r257917 and kde-4.11.3 built completely with
clang (that is, all of KDE that builds with clang), and the launcher works
fine - it also worked with all versions of KDE>=4.11.1 and FreeBSD-10 since
ALPHA1. I had that issue with FreeBSD9-STABLE and KDE-4.10.x in the past
though (thought it was fixed upstream).

> A "me too" - I get the same with kde-4.10.5_1 built on 9.1 with default
> compiler (gcc?).  When crashing it says:
>
> Null pointer in call to GeoDataTreeModel::addFeature (parent 0x82ccac048  -
> feature 0x0 )
>
> Another observation: I often get one or two core files after exiting
> KDE.  One kdeinit4.core, and often also an kactivitymanagerd.core.
> Things seem to work, however.
>
> Bengt

GeoDataTreeModel is from marble, as was written by Adriaan de Groot in the
other reply.

kactivitymanagerd needed to be built either with gcc>=4.6 (not the base one)
or clang-devel for some time, though that should be done by the port itself
in the meantime (it was back in the clang-3.2 times, 3.3 builds it fine).

FreeBSD-9.1 ships with clang-3.1 IIRC, so the base clang won't build a working
kactivitymanagerd. Can you rebuild and retry it with WITH_GCC=any?

Alonso