[kde-freebsd] QTextCodec issues - was "something is wrong - forgot"

Schaich Alonso alonsoschaich at fastmail.fm
Sat Nov 9 00:43:42 UTC 2013

On Sat, 9 Nov 2013 00:02:45 +0100
Schaich Alonso <alonsoschaich at fastmail.fm> wrote:

> I can reproduce this one over here. Adding back kde@ and also a backtrace of
> the crash. It indicates a poor dynamic_cast in kconfig, which is also
> causing trouble in marble IIRC.
>
> Also, can anyone else not build x11/kdelibs4 with USE_GCC=any on FreeBSD-10?
> I'm getting meinproc4 segfaults at parallel build and undefined symbols at
> linking with MAKE_JOBS_UNSAFE over here.
>
> Alonso

Having built sysutils/nepomuk-core with base clang now, it shows up a bug in
qt4-corelib, where QTextCodec::codecForLocale () returns an invalid
QIconvCodec instance to QTextStream's flushWriteBuffer member procedure which
is called by the destructor on application's termination.

Most probably this happens because the QIconvCodec instance has already been
destroyed at this point.

Btw, even if I define my language settings (LANG, LC_ALL, ...) accordingly and
have chinese/qt4-codecs-zh, japanese/qt4-codecs-jp, ... installed, I still
get the QIconvCodec from QTextCodec::codecForLocale(), which makes me wonder
whether these ports are good for FreeBSD-8/9 only or maybe not required at all
any more?

Alonso