[kde-freebsd] KDE4 ports from SVN head && clang

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Wed May 29 18:44:31 UTC 2013

Hello,

In April I compiled KDE4 from ports SVN r315646 (April 1st) on an older
10-CURRENT and, letting aside smaller hick-ups, all went fine;

I have now updated one on my laptops to a recent 10-CURRENT r250588 (May
13) and the ports as well to /head r319094 (May 26). The big change
between the older 10-CURRENT and /head is that the default compiler is
now "clang" and not GCC anymore.

A lot of ports have problems with "clang", that's why I SVN updated the
ports tree to the latest /head. Note: update means that I always wiped
out /usr/local, /var/db/pkg and /compat/linux to install into an empty
system.

Some (a lot) of the qt4-* and KDE4 ports of r319094 do not compile with
"clang", the usual workaround is to set USE_GCC=any for the make run.
I'm now seeing clashes between kdepimlibs and kdeadmin4 which looks for me
as a result of having some KDE4 ports compiled with "clang", while
others with GCC; at least until now I have no other explanation why the
linking in kdeadmin4 stumbles about existing libs in /usr/local/kde4,
for example libkldap.so.5 (see the other posting today).

What is the advise? Should I wipe out all /usr/local ... again and
compile all KDE4 ports only with USE_GCC=any? Any other suggestion?

Thanks in advance

	matthias

Btw: I gave up the idea of getting KDE3 compiled from ports /head, so
please help me in getting KDE4 up and running at least :-)
--
Sent from my FreeBSD netbook

Matthias Apitz               |  - No system with backdoors like Apple/Android
E-mail: guru at unixarea.de     |  - Never being an iSlave
WWW: http://www.unixarea.de/ |  - No proprietary attachments, no HTML/RTF in E-mail
phone: +49-170-4527211       |  - Respect for open standards