[kde-freebsd] [solved] x11/kdelibs4 build fails

Greg Rivers gcr+kde-freebsd at tharned.org
Fri May 24 03:34:58 UTC 2013

On Fri, 24 May 2013, Bartosz Fabianowski wrote:

> I ran into the exactly same problem a couple of days ago. For me, it was
> caused by ftp/curl:
>
> /usr/local/bin/onto2vocabularyclass expects to find a plugin that can
> handle trig files. That plugin links against libcurl. When the c-ares
> shlib version was incremented a few days ago, the PORTREVISION of
> ftp/curl was not bumped, causing libcurl to be linked against a stale,
> now nonexistent libcares.so.2.
>
> I manually changed the LIB_DEPENDS in ftp/curl from cares.2 to cares.3,
> reinstalled ftp/curl and the build error in x11/kdelibs4 went away.
> Since the ftp/curl port has actually been fixed since, you should be
> able to fix the error even easier, by updating ftp/curl to the newest
> revision.

It wasn't quite as easy as that, but you certainly set me on the right
track.  Rebuilding ftp/curl alone didn't fix it, so I used pkg_libchk from
sysutils/bsdadminscripts to identify other ports still linked against
libcares.so.2.  Once I rebuilt those, kdelibs4 built fine.  Thank you!

--
Greg Rivers