[kde-freebsd] [SVN Commit] area51

Max Brazhnikov makc at freebsd.org
Wed Mar 13 11:11:24 UTC 2013

On Wed, 13 Mar 2013 10:41:08 +0100 you wrote:
> On Tuesday 12 March 2013 14:42:33 Max Brazhnikov wrote:
> > Actually, I don't any reason why we should keep KDE4_BUILDENV:
> > de facto it means USE_LDCONFIG=yes and USE_CMAKE=outsource now.
> > The first only pollutes numerous ports, that don't install libraries, the
> > second can replace KDE4_BUILDENV in ports Makefiles.
> >
> > KDE4_VERSION in PLIST_SUB and redefined CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE won't
> hunt non KDE
> > SC ports. Any objection against removing it?
>
> Not from me! I just don't get why you say that CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=DebugFull
> won't touch non KDE ports...

Right now DebugFull can be used only by KDE SC ports (not by all ports to be
precise, since some of them don't use KDE4_BUILDENV), in principle other KDE
(KDE, not only KDE SC !) ports could use it.

Btw, why do we want DebugFull? isn't Debug enough? We could remove
CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE from bsd.kde4.mk at all, since it's already handled by
cmake.mk and can be set by user to any value.

>From KDE4Internal:
#  Debug
#          optimised but debuggable, debugging on (-g)
#          (-fno-reorder-blocks -fno-schedule-insns -fno-inline)
#  DebugFull
#          no optimization, full debugging on (-g3)