[kde-freebsd] FreeBSD 10-current No Widgets - Activity Manager no working

Miguel Clara miguelmclara at gmail.com
Fri Jun 14 18:54:14 UTC 2013

On 06/14/13 17:54, Miguel Clara wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've installed kde4 on Freebsd 10-current using portsmaster has
> suggested in the faq, but I'm having a few glitches...
>
> First I noticed that when trind to add a "new widget" nothing
> shows.... just the bar upside the bottom panel but no content at
> all!
>
> If I click the activity manager icon I get the same behavior.
>
> Also on login I get: Executable: kactivitymanagerd PID: 20316
> Signal: Segmentation fault (11)
>
> This error pops up while opening other apps from time to time...
> example: Dolphin, but not always!
>
> Any help is appreciated!
>
> Thanks

Sorry guys, I seam to have found another post about one of the problems:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports/2013-March/082296.html

Freebsd builds with clang by default, and I need to use gcc it seams.
Perhaps this should be noted in kde install faq.

I'm not sure if the other error is related too... but I'll post my
findings after I recompile!

Thanks