[kde-freebsd] Upgrade problems

Daniel O'Connor doconnor at gsoft.com.au
Thu Jul 18 07:01:32 UTC 2013

Hi,
I am trying to upgrade KDE (well, I don't really _want to_ but portmaster isn't giving me any choice because of the perl upgrade..) but it is complaining about circular dependencies.

For example
===>>> x11-themes/kde4-wallpapers-freebsd seems to depend on x11/kde4-workspace
       which looks like a dependency loop

I avoided that one by telling the metaport not install the wallpapers but then got..

===>>> games/bomber seems to depend on games/kdegames4
       which looks like a dependency loop

And then disabling bomber gives..
===>>> games/bovo seems to depend on games/kdegames4
       which looks like a dependency loop

but looking and the Makefile I don't see why there would be such a loop.

I am using the latest version of portmaster (3.17).

For now I have just used -x to skip rebuilding KDE but it's not a long term solution :)

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum